Suffield Academy is an independent preparatory boarding school and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Suffield Academy is fully dedicated to a mission of serving a diverse community with a commitment to scholarship and respect for individual differences and growth. The academic, athletic, and extracurricular experiences prepare students for a lifetime of learning, leadership, and active citizenship, and call on the faculty to be innovative educators and mentors.
Suffield faculty members embrace the twenty-four-hour nature of a Suffield Academy education, which is why these roles are more a way of life than simply a job. The school employs 85 teaching and administrative faculty and 75 staff who help make this a very special place and truly remarkable environment to work.
Suffield Academy offers competitive wages and a generous benefit packages that help support faculty and staff members through various phases of their careers.
Spanning countless hiking and skiing trails, local farms, and rolling mountains, Suffield Academy is set in a beautiful New England town in the Connecticut River Valley just five miles from Bradley International Airport. Residents here revel in the quiet comforts of country-style living with easy access to both New York and Boston.
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Assistant Director of Development will have broad responsibilities for management of the class agent program, development events, Alumni participation in the Annual Fund, Alumni outreach, and other duties as assigned. This is a 12- month staff position. It does not include faculty responsibilities or on-campus housing.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
· Provide excellent internal customer service response to the needs of the development office, other offices on campus, and external constituents
· Plan and supervise the class agent volunteer program
· Provide logistical, database, and hands-on support for mailings to constituents and phone-a-thons
· Prepare for all on and off campus events including mailings, managing RSVP responses and nametags (excludes parent association auction)
· Manage class notes section of the Suffield magazine
· Help manage SuffieldConnect online professional development tool
· Support the Director of Development as needed
· Perform additional duties as assigned, including assisting other areas of the office and being available for emergencies and scheduled “off-hour” work as needed
· A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of work experience in a large campus environment.
· A minimum of 5 years relevant experience at an independent school, college, or university is preferred.
Skills, and Knowledge Requirements:
· The successful candidate will have:
· Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to listen, lead, motivate, and resolve conflict.
· Productive working relationships with colleagues and other constituents.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, administrative and computer skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
· Excellent communication skills, a positive attitude and creative solutions.
· Client relationship management software experience preferred.
To Apply: Please email a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com or mail to: Philip Riegel, 185 North Main Street Suffield Ct, 06078. No telephone inquiries please. Visit our website at: www.suffieldacademy.org.
Suffield Academy does not discriminate against employees on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, or disability. This policy applies to, but is not limited to, admission, financial aid, employment, use of school facilities, and participation in school activities.