Apply Math Skills to Real-life Problems
Math at Suffield Academy stresses the importance of problem solving, logic, communication, and understanding. Small classes create a comfortable atmosphere for true understanding. We focus on how technology has influenced the use of mathematics and how to apply mathematical skills to real-life situations. Students are challenged at every level to develop reasoning skills and hypothesize about possible solutions to both simple and complex problems. We teach students to communicate effectively using mathematics—in speech, the written word, and technological applications.
Suffield’s mathematics curriculum teaches students to:
• Demonstrate mastery of algebraic, geometric, and reasoning skills
• Apply technology as a tool to solve problems
• Teach students to be critical and disciplined thinkers
• Make connections between mathematics and other disciplines
• Prepare for college admission tests