On a chilly, overcast afternoon, the Tigers opened their 2023 season with a trip to Miss Porter’s School. The team came away victorious, with a match score of 6-3. It was a great day for the freshmen, with all four 9th graders winning their respective matches.
- Charlie Zimmerman lost 4-8
- Sveta Shorina won 8-3
- Felicia Hormann won 8-3
- Madi Seivright lost 5-8
- Phoebe Tucker won 8-3
- Orrie Berman won 8-0
- Mia Rubenstein and Nene Uchiumi lost 2-8
- Isabelle Spencer and Emma Siegal won 8-7 (7-5)
- Julie Ahn and Ava D’Angelo won 8-7 (7-3)
The team is now 1-0. The next match will be Saturday, at home, at 3:30pm.
The Girls Varsity Tennis Team hosted Miss Hall’s on a sunny Saturday afternoon. The visitors were down a player and had to forfeit at #4 singles. The Tigers swept the other six positions.
- Charlie Zimmerman won 6-0, 6-0
- Sveta Shorina won 6-2, 6-1
- Felicia Hormann won 6-1, 6-0
- Orrie Berman and Phoebe Tucker won 6-0, 6-0
- Madi Seivright and Isabelle Spencer won 6-0, 6-0
- Nene Uchiumi and Mia Rubenstein won 6-1, 6-1
The team is now 2-0. The next match is at home on Friday the 14th at 4:30pm.
On a breezy afternoon, the Tigers drove out to Pomfret to face the Griffons in near-perfect tennis weather. The 3rds doubles and Exhibition doubles teams played indoors, while the other six matches were held outdoors.
- Charlie Zimmerman won 6-3, 6-0
- Sveta Shorina lost 6-2, 2-6, (4-10 tie-breaker)
- Felicia Hoerman lost 4-6, 5-7
- Madi Seivright won 6-4, 6-4
- Phoebe Tucker and Orrie Berman won 8-4
- Nene Uchiumi and Mia Rubenstein won 8-6
- Emma Segal and Isabelle Spencer won 8-6
- (Exhibition) Ava D’Angelo and Natalie Datz won 8-1
The team is now 3-0. The next match is at home, on Wednesday the 18th, at 3pm.
- Charlie Zimmerman (2-6, 2-6 L)
- Sveta Shorina (6-0, 2-6, 9-11)
- Felicia Hormann (1-6, 0-6 L)
- Mia Rubenstein (0-6, 0-6 L)
- Nene Uchiumi and Madi Seivright (0-8 L)
- Phoebe Tucker and Orrie Berman (6-8 L)
- Emma Segal and Isabelle Spencer (3-8 L)
- (Exhibition) Ava D’Angelo and Natalie Datz (0-8 L)
On a rare Friday afternoon game, the Tigers fell to the Bears 0-7 at the latter’s Parents Weekend celebration. Most of the matches were close than the final score would indicate and the new doubles pairings played very well together. Many thanks to the moms who made the long drive out to cheer us on.
- Charlie Zimmerman lost to Addie Marshall, 4-6, 2-6
- Sveta Shorina lost to Charlotte Henderson 5-7, 1-6
- Felicia Hormann lost Olesia Frolenko 4-6, 1-6
- Madi Seivright lost to Kate Dorman 6-3, 0-6 (6-8 Tiebreaker)
- Mia Rubenstein and Orrie Berman lost 5-8
- Emma Segal and Nene Uchiumi lost 5-8
- Natalie Datz and Ava D’Angelo lost 1-8
The team is now 3-2. The next match will be at Williston on Wednesday the 26th, starting at 2:30pm.
|Diana Baffor||2025||Rye, NY|
|Mikayla Barthel||2025||Windsor Locks, CT|
|Megan Bauer||2025||Southborough, MA|
|Keyvanna Bennett||2024||Windsor, CT|
|Orrie Berman||2026||New York, NY|
|Azerionna Crudup||2025||Somerdale, NJ|
|Maeve Curtin||2024||Suffield, CT|
|Ava D'Angelo||2024||Longmeadow, MA|
|Natalie Datz||2023||Larchmont, NY|
|Isabella Dupere||2024||Longmeadow, MA|
|Mackenzie Dutton||2026||Suffield, CT|
|Tess Haines||2024||Suffield, CT|
|Hadley Harris||2024||Ferrisburgh, VT|
|Bridget Hausler||2024||San Francisco, CA|
|Brooke Hostetter||2026||Osterville, MA|
|Kiran Jolly||2025||Houston, TX|
|Isabelle Marzouca||2025||Kingston 8|
|Nadja Meite||2024||Rye, NY|
|Mia Rubenstein||2023||Yarmouth Port, MA|
|Emma Siegel||2026||New York, NY|
|Reagan Silva||2025||Suffield, CT|
|Isabelle Spencer||2024||Barrington, RI|
|Mackenzie Toro||2026||Simsbury, CT|
|Phoebe Tucker||2026||Scarsdale, NY|
|Julia Wilner||2025||North Miami Beach, FL|
|Izabela Zajac||2025||South Windsor, CT|
|Charlie Zimmerman||2023||Atlanta, GA|
Suffield Varsity Tennis team competes within a four singles and three doubles non-repeating format, so our team involves fourteen to fifteen players throughout the season.
A typical practice involves a court or two for instruction while other courts host teammates playing game scenarios. In general, there is an emphasis on using the game itself to teach and motivate all players. Players are also encouraged to invest time into their games and find court time during the weekends to enjoy a few sets of tennis with their friends.