This information is current as of March 31. It is being revised and updated daily.
Video message from Headmaster Charles Cahn III
Suffield Academy is relying on several resources to plan COVID-19 responses for the school.These include the CDC, U.S. State Department, World Health Organization, and Connecticut Department of Public Health. We have created this section of the website to provide our families with the latest information on the school’s response to the outbreak. Please check back regularly for updates.
Spring Term Revised Calendar
Given the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, Suffield Academy is resuming spring term classes virtually on April 1. The remote learning plan will last until at least April 13 and possibly the remainder of the spring term.
Families received details on March 16, 2020 from Dean of Academics & Faculty Sara Yeager about remote learning specifics. The program will include both recorded content and online help sessions. All students are required to participate. Details about the revised academic schedule was sent to students on March 24.
All student activities including afternoon programs will be remote until at least April 13. We will communicate additional news as events unfold.
On Campus Needs
Suffield Academy’s administrative functions are all continuing. Families can call the school with questions at 860-386-4400. Frequently asked questions are outlined below. You can download Suffield Academy's Remote Learning Plan here. More specific details will be sent to students prior to the resumption of classes on April 1.
Etiquette for Remote Learning
Remote Learning Plan
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who do I contact if I have questions related to the school’s response to the COVID-19 virus?
- How will remote learning work?
- Who should I contact if I need anything on campus?
- What if my child doesn’t have consistent access to a computer and/or high-speed internet?
- How will online classes impact an international student's SEVIS status?
- Can parents request a credit for on-campus services if students do not return to campus this spring?
- If students cannot return to campus until the end of the academic year will Suffield Academy cancel Commencement?
- How can Suffield help support students emotionally during this time?
- Will AP exams take place? How about the SAT and ACT?