Suffield Academy is relying on several resources to plan COVID-19 responses for the school. These include the CDC, U.S. State Department, World Health Organization, and Connecticut Department of Public Health. We have created this section of the website to provide our families with the latest information on the school’s response to the outbreak. Please check back regularly for updates.
2020 Spring Term Calendar
Given the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, Suffield Academy is having virtual spring term classes. The remote learning plan will last for the remainder of the spring term. The program includes live and recorded classes, blocks for community meetings and advisor meetings, and a period for self-guided study. The weekly schedule is attached.
On Campus Needs
Suffield Academy’s administrative functions are all continuing. Families can call the school with questions at 860-386-4400. Frequently asked questions are outlined below. You can download Suffield Academy's Remote Learning Plan here. More specific details will be sent to students prior to the resumption of classes on April 1.
Etiquette for Remote Learning
Remote Learning Plan
- Who do I contact if I have questions related to the school’s response to the COVID-19 virus?
- How is Suffield handling the 2020 Commencement Activities?
- How do I get items I have on campus?
- How is the remote learning process organized?
- How will online classes impact an international student's SEVIS status?
- Can parents request a credit for on-campus services if students do not return to campus this spring?
- How is Suffield helping students emotionally during this time?
- Are AP exams taking place? How about the SAT and ACT?
- What are the virtual activities for students outside of the academic program?