1. There is NO SWIMMING without a lifeguard on duty.
2. NO ONE shall enter the pool without performing a basic swim test for a deep water pool, which must be given before entrance into the pool. The school will oversee these tests.
3. Suffield Academy coaches of non-aquatic sports may use the pool for training purposes, but only after scheduling it with the athletic directors.
4. It is the responsibility of all Suffield Academy community members to be informed of Suffield’s pool rules. If bringing guests, they must secure permission by the athletic directors. The SA community member must accompany them at all times and inform their guests of Suffield’s pool rules.
5. All complaints should be made in writing to the athletic directors.
6. The athletic directors are directly responsible for the working personnel within this facility (lifeguards, instructors, coaches and all others related to aquatics) and will ensure that the staff is fulfilling its responsibilities to the school.
7. The pool, or any part thereof, may be closed for maintenance operations, health conditions, weather conditions, or any reason deemed sufficient by the athletic directors.
8. Use of the divers’ hot tub is restricted to ONLY the diving team. RULES OF CONDUCT
1. No food, refreshments, or chewing gum may be brought into the pool area or on the pool deck.
2. No glass may be brought into the pool area or locker rooms.
3. No abusive language is allowed.
4. All pool users must respect and obey the lifeguards. Our lifeguards have the authority to deny pool privileges to anyone who does not comply with Suffield Academy’s pool rules.
5. No roughhousing or games involving holding breath under water is allowed.
6. Starting blocks and diving boards are for trained swimmers and divers only and are only to be used at the discretion of the athletic directors or lifeguard currently on duty.
7. Outdoor shoes are not allowed on the pool area. HEALTH AND SAFETY
1. All persons must shower with warm water before entering the pool.
2. Suffield’s pool is a smoke-free environment, as are all athletic buildings at Suffield Academy.
3. Spitting or blowing the nose in the pool is prohibited.
4. Proper bathing attire is required. No street clothing will be permitted in the pool.
5. No animals or pets are allowed in the pool area.
6. No running, pushing, wrestling, ball playing, or causing undue disturbance in or about the pool area will be allowed.
7. Anyone with a fever or diarrhea should not enter the pool or be on the pool deck.
8. Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs shall not use the pool. CHILDREN’S USE OF THE POOL
1. Children under the age of 13 may use the pool, but a Suffield Academy community member must accompany and supervise them for the duration of their pool use/visit. A lifeguard MUST be on duty as well.
2. Babies and young, non-toilet trained children must wear swim diapers.
3. Diapers and clothing must be changed in the locker rooms only. There is absolutely no diaper changing on the pool deck. THIS AQUATIC FACILTIY IS A DEEP WATER POOL. THERE ARE INHERENT RISKS INVOLVED IN USING THIS FACILITY. ANYONE VIOLATING THESE RULES WILL LOSE POOL PRIVILEGES.