Suffield Academy is a structured school, and it is the faculty who bring this structure to life. The responsibilities required here reflect the mission of a largely residential school community committed to every member's total growth. The teaching faculty at Suffield are deeply involved in all areas of school life—both the academic and campus life programs.
The following components are required parts of teaching positions:
- Classroom teaching—four sections totaling around 50 to 60 students
- Providing formal assessments with grades and comments six times per year
- Attending faculty meetings
- Replying to communications from students, parents, or colleagues within 24 hours
Additional Expectations for full-time faculty members:
- Being involved in dormitory or other evening coverage
- Serving as an advisor to approximately five to eight students
- Coaching two seasons or covering an approved equivalent activity
Teaching positions are ten-month, academic year appointments.