Suffield Academy is a structured school, and it is the faculty who bring this structure to life. The responsibilities required here reflect the mission of a largely residential school community committed to every member's total growth. The teaching faculty at Suffield are deeply involved in all areas of school life - both the academic and campus life programs.
The following components are required parts of teaching positions:
- Classroom teaching—four sections totaling around 50 to 60 students
- Providing formal assessments with grades and comments six times per year
- Attending faculty meetings
- Replying to communications from students, parents, or colleagues within 24 hours
Additional Expectations for full-time faculty members:
- Being involved in dormitory or other evening coverage
- Serving as an advisor to approximately five to eight students
- Coaching two seasons or covering an approved equivalent activity
Teaching positions are ten-month, academic year appointments.