Suffield Academy has created this section of the website to provide students and families with the latest information on the school’s planning for the 2020-2021 academic year. Please check back regularly for updates.
Knowing that each week will bring greater clarity, we are proceeding with the expectation that our students will begin returning for classes as originally planned in early September. This timeline assumes Suffield meets expectations of the State of Connecticut reopening guidelines aimed at ensuring we can take great care of our community. Please also know we are planning both on campus and remote learning programs for the 2020-2021 academic year. Some items related to remote learning are outlined here as well. As the COVID-19 health crisis persists, Suffield Academy is relying on several resources including the CDC, U.S. State Department, World Health Organization, and Connecticut Department of Public Health.
- Is Suffield planning to have school on campus for the 2020-2021 academic year?
- How is Suffield working to maintain a safe environment?
- What will happen if students cannot get to campus for part or all of the 2020-2021 academic year?
- What will happen if school cannot resume on campus for part or all of the 2020-2021 academic year?
- How will life on campus be different than in previous years?
- Will the school calendar and weekly and daily schedules change?
- Will students that live far away from Suffield be allowed to stay on campus during school breaks?
- Will athletics happen in 2020-2021?
- Are arts activities going to happen?
- Will families be offered partial tuition refunds if all or part of the year cannot happen on campus?