Suffield Academy has created this section of the website to provide students and families with the latest information on the school’s planning for the 2020-2021 academic year. Please check back regularly for updates.
Knowing that each week will bring greater clarity, we are proceeding with the expectation that our students will begin returning for classes as originally planned in early September. This timeline assumes Suffield meets expectations of the State of Connecticut reopening guidelines aimed at ensuring we can take great care of our community. Please also know we are planning both on campus and remote learning programs for the 2020-2021 academic year. Some items related to remote learning are outlined here as well. As the COVID-19 health crisis persists, Suffield Academy is relying on several resources including the CDC, U.S. State Department, World Health Organization, and Connecticut Department of Public Health.
As we navigate the COVID-19 pandemic we must rely on each other to stay well. All members of the Suffield Academy community must download the below document and agree to its terms [a link to its form will be sent to families during the week of August 24]:
- Is Suffield having school on campus in the 2020-2021 academic year?
- How is Suffield working to maintain a safe environment?
- What will happen if activities cannot take place on campus for part of the 2020-2021 academic year?
- How is life on campus different than in previous years?
- Will the school calendar and weekly and daily schedules change?
- Are athletics happening in 2020-2021?
- Are arts activities going to happen?